Tuesday, June 14, 2011

and washed down the apple with an ice cold butterbeer... florida pt. 2

Orlando, Universal Studios' Wizarding World of Harry Potter - May 1 - May 4, 2011

Florida was HOT. I hate to complain... but I do it anyway. It was right around 90 degrees from noon to about 5pm and that's a bit much for me. Even with sunscreen on, I get this thing called prickly heat when I'm too hot. And if I'm out in the sun long enough, I blow up like a I got stung by a bee. Yes, I'm allergic to the sun! Lame.

So how did I keep myself cool, you ask? Why, with butterbeer of course! No, it does not contain alcohol... but the wonderful flavors (or, flavours, if you wanna get British) of butterscotch cream soda. You can get it in a blended, slushy form or just ice cold. And the best part? The thick butterscotch whipped cream topping to give you that wonderful, foamy mustache!

I was happy to have had Orlando as the finale of our trip because I knew it wasn't going to be as chaotic as NYC. Hanging out in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter was icing on the cake. It really does feel like you're a part of the books/movies... truly, magical... if you don't count the heat and the thousands of tourists. There's something off-putting about fake snow on the Hogsmeade shops and it being 90 degrees out. But it was so much fun... we'll be back soon for sure... perhaps when it's "winter" over there.




The restaurant, the Three Broomsticks!




Your standard English (Harry Potter style) fare: fish & chips, shephards pie, pumpkin juice and butterbeer. Delicious!

Oh, butterbeer, how I miss you.

The best ride was in the Hogwarts castle, the Forbidden Journey! It's probably a good thing that I drive a car and not a broomstick... talk about getting air-sick. But so awesome!




The Dragon Challenge roller coaster! Go here first with an empty stomache, otherwise, you'll you-know-what...

We ate at this salad buffet (yes, I said salad) called Sweet Tomatoes on I - Drive close to our hotel. Apparently there are locations throughout the states but this was a first for us. So fresh and so good! I still dream of this wonton chicken salad...

Yep, that's me. Don't be jealous of my 'stache... Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment