Thursday, February 3, 2011

coffee & chai... i mean thai

Spent the early afternoon in the U-District the other day and (as always) my first stop was Trabant Coffee & Chai right behind American Apparel on the corner of University Way & 45th. It is my most favorite coffeeshop in Seattle! It began when my little sister, Abby, started going to UW a few years ago... I would make excuses to drop her off while she went to classes just so I could have my coffee and then proceed to do some shopping. I always have my coffee "for here" just so I can look at how pretty the coffee art is as I people watch and thumb through the Stranger. Their coffee and tea is fair trade, nutty, strong, not too sweet, no nasty burnt aftertaste and lip-smacking good. Oh and no need to order a double tall, their 12 oz size automatically comes with a double shot of espresso, gauranteed to make you jittery for a coupla hours. :) For any coffeeshop, I usually order a hazelnut latte, but my new favorite is their omanhene mocha...


Right after, I met up with a friend just 2 blocks down 45th at Araya's Place for lunch. I've always wanted to try this place because I've heard nothing but great things from online reviews to word of mouth. This is a vegetarian Thai restaurant and it was my first time eating at a vegetarian/vegan joint. I love veggies... I love meat even more, but this place did not make me miss meat! They have both a menu and buffet option. We were reluctant to try the buffet only because they usually consist of hours old food swimming in grease. Not at Araya's. When we asked for menus, our waiter persuaded us to take a look at the buffet. Everything looked hot and fresh... so we left our menus in the dust. It was all super tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment